Thursday, May 27, 2010

Some of the camping deee-lites!

I am spoiled when it comes to camping food. Plain and simple spoiled. Some of my favorite weekend items included Tracy's Blueberry yogurt muffins, Ziplock bag omlettes (it really works!!!!) and our rotisserie ribeye (I'm drooling over here)

These muffins are MOIST. Now you know I loves me some blueberry muffins and this recipe is a keeper! Thanks Tracy!

3 cups bran muffin mix (or natural bran)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tblsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups plain low fat yogurt
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or more!)

Preparation:
Combine dry ingredients and stir. Add wet to dry ingredients (do not over mix). Fold in blueberries and bake at 375F for 20-25 min. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing. Serves ~24 muffins.

Enjoy!

The rotisserie rib eye was our 30 person potluck dinner. One of the couples brought the meat and Mr C. rigged up a rotisserie for the campfire. I don't think we can all profess our love anymore than we did that day for my favorite Godfather, Mr C. It was DIVINE!

Now I didn't have a picture of the Ziplock omlettes as my batteries died BUT they are a new camping must!

Ziplock Omlettes

2 eggs
1 splash of milk
1/2 cup chopped peppers
1/2 cup chopped ham/sausage or bacon
salt & pepper to taste

Next get a big pot, one where the baggie won't touch the sides while it is boiling. Bring water to a boil, put bag inside and cook until done (about 10 minutes total, watch them!) Mr M took them out about halfway through and broke them up a little to ensure they cooked through.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Tanya Packwood said...

Hey thanks for the muffin recipe, I am always looking for a good muffin recipe especially bran and blueberry, they turned out delicious

Unknown said...

No problem Tanya!!! Glad you liked them!

Unknown said...

Oh, man! You guys certainly know how to camp in style!!! Camping is more about the camp food than about the sleeping in sleeping bags and getting eaten alive by mosquitoes! :) Tee hee. I love camping! I really do. It's been something we've done every since I was a kid. When I lived in the city, we'd go to Algonquin or Gatineau every year to get away from the city. Now I live in the middle of nowhere. My house could be considered "roughing it" for some! LOL! Just kidding, but I really do live in the wilderness now. Manitoulin Island. Ever heard of it? I didn't think so! LOL! :)

Sorry for rambling, but this post about camp food has got me thinking of all the amazing camp food we've had. Love your muffin and omelette recipes, btw!!

Can I tell you that when I was in my 20s and a bunch of girlfriends and I went on a camping trip we each brought something for the trip and one girl brought sushi, another girl brought strawberry shortcake, another brought Gazpacho?? LOL! Too funny! We were such a crazy bunch.

Unknown said...

Love it C!!!!! That is awesome! And believe it or not I know where Manitoulin is :)

Mom vs. the boys said...

I've heard of those ziplock omelettes but never tried them, good to know they really work