Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The one where I don't talk about food...

So my dear readers, I am about to embark on a new journey and truthfully, I'm not sure what to feel. I have been an at home parent for 2 1/2 years and on Monday, like 6 sleeps away, I will be setting foot (cute heeled feet) out into the big bad world of...WORK. Now before you all start in on the whole "every Mom works" rants, I have to say I agree. I've worked harder as a Mom, with worse hours and sometimes questionable benefits, than I ever did in the big bad world of sales and marketing. But truthfully, I'm scared. I'm scared that my house/children/relationships will fall apart. I'm afraid that my children will never again wear matching clothes and that their ponytails will be askew...ok truthfully that happens lots with me (PICK YOUR BATTLES). I'm afraid that the laundry will fall behind, and that Mr M (who thankfully will be staying home for a bit) will forget library day on Wednesday and hot lunch Fridays. I'm afraid that the world I've worked so hard to create will crumble in my absence.... Man, I must think I am pretty good at my current job! All kidding aside, the thing that worries me most is failure. I am putting myself out there, in the big bad world, and in doing so I am taking a chance...WHAT IF I FAIL?

So for all you readers who have taken the plunge, I need your tips and tricks of survival. How did you make it?
Photobucket

4 comments:

Mary said...

My favorite school pic is one in which my pig tails are askew! You'll be fine! But I want to hear about your new job, too.

Anonymous said...

You will find your groove! Watch mr mom a great 80's movie mr m will find his groove too. There will be days when u flounder but it won't be the days that u remember at the end of the year u will find amazing time balancing ways and ur kids will always think ur da best

Anonymous said...

Amber, you will be fine. Mr M will be fine, and the girls will be fine....you will organzie your time more effectively and efficiently. You will find rewarding adult conversation, and come home to even more rewarding child conversations. You will appreciate your time with your children more than you can possibly imagine. Mr M will find out what it is to work "full" time...ha ha, joking mike! and if nothing else, you can ever so graciously bow out of the whole out of home working scene...trust yourself, and trust your family!!!

Stephanie said...

....and now I'm hungry:)