Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm just saying, these better warm your soul!

Well it's snowing. Yep, I said it S-N-O-W. and it's beautiful, and it makes me want soups and stews and casseroles (and hot toddies, and fireplaces and snuggies) What are some of your favorite keep warm meals? How do you warm the souls (and toes) of your family?

On another note, this Sunday is Grey Cup!!! Which means an excuse to make some fattening munchies, drink some beer and watch football!! I think in the States you just call it Sunday ;P I tested out Tidy Moms Beer Cheddar Dip last year and it was gobbled up, so I'm making it again for a whole new set of friends!

Enjoy my friends and stay warm!
Photobucket

Monday - Shepards Pie

Tuesday - Taco Soup

Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Crockpot roastbeef

Friday- Lasagna

Saturday- Sweet and Spicy Cashew Chicken Stirfry

Sunday- Grey Cup Party!!! Chili, beer cheese dip, wings, 7 layer dip...mmmmmm
Chili
1 pound hot Italian sausage, removed from casing (we use mild...the chili has quite a kick as is.)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 envelope chili seasoning mix
1 16 ounce can of kidney beans, drained (optional)
1 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
1 15 ounce can of chicken broth

Crumble sausage and ground beef into large skillet. Add onion. Over medium high heat, partially cook sausage, ground beef and onion. Place cooked meat mixture in crock pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on:

Low-8 hours OR
High-4 hours

I am also making Tidymom's Beer Cheese Dip found here http://www.tidymom.net/2010/01/beer-cheese-buffalo-chicken-dips.html

Beer Cheese Dip
from TidyMom.net

2 - 8oz pkgs Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup beer*
1 envelope Ranch Dressing Mix
2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Beat the first three ingredients until well blended.
Stir in cheddar cheese by hand.
*if dip is too thick, add a little beer to thin it down

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am not a fan of football, but I am a fan of the food! (oh and the commercials)
Comfort food is the best, and I am always so proud of myself when I prepare ahead of time. Shepard pie is a fave around here.