Saturday, October 23, 2010

Slow Cooker Cran-Apple Butter

The day after I got my computer back I was cruising cooking blogs (surprised?) and I stumbled across this blog Mommie Cooks, who by the way has some AMAZING looking recipes. At any rate I found her recipe for Cranberry Apple Butter and was immediately intrigued, more so because I went a little overboard at the fruit stand the other day with in the apple department :)but nonetheless you could practically SMELL the apples cooking in the crock before I even pulled it out of the cupboard!

So my friends, my first recipe after a looooooong hiatus is from Mommie Cooks for Super Slow Cooker Cran-Apple Butter

10-12 Apples, Chopped
3 Cups of Whole Cranberries
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup of White Sugar
1 tsp of Cinnamon
1/2 tsp of Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Cloves
4 Shakes of Salt

Throw it all in your slow cooker and cook it on low for 12 hours. When the butter is done, put it in the blender in small batches, remember to vent frequently for steam.

Enjoy my friends!  And stay tuned for tomorrow's weekly plan!  I missed you all!!!!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm that sounds good I'm curious to know how it turns out.
p.s. miss you!

Julie M. said...

Wow! Thanks so much for thinking of me and trying out the apple butter! I really appreciate it!

I'm glad you enjoyed it and I look forward to sharing more posts with you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Twins Squared said...

The recipe sound delicious! Glad you're back!