Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Damn that girl in an Igloo.....

My friend, let's call her Square, has a ridiculously fabulous blog called From an Igloo. It is seriously cool. She kinda makes me want to be craftier, hell I even bought fabric to make her One Hour Sundress. This from the girl who failed Grade 8 sewing, a MANDATORY course at my all girls Catholic school....SERIOUSLY FAILED SEWING. But I digress.....where was I heading with this one.....oh yeah cookies!

Yesterday Square posted this recipe Best Ever Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies They were inspired by the old snack and a half ice cream treat, does anyone else remember them??? 2 yummy oatmeal cookies sandwiching vanilla ice cream and covered in a thin layer of chocolate mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Well DAMN her, I just so happened to have all the ingredients to make them in my cupboard, well except the chips but when in trouble sub SMARTIES.  Now I know this is a Canadian candy but my American friends you must have SOMETHING similar!

At any rate, the cookies were made and consumed warm and out of the oven,











then again with ice cream for desert,













and well I think they were a hit......
Photobucket

7 comments:

shauna said...

Do you have any left? I think it might be safer for me to come over for a visit than it would be for me to make them! :)

Twins Squared said...

I just got back for the store with all the ingredients for these too. Of course I realized after I left the store with 4 kids that I had forgotten the ice cream so quess what hubby is going to have to pick up on the way home! I just couldn't stop thinking about them since "Square" posted about them yesterday.

Unknown said...

Shauna, come on by! And TwinsSquared, she is evil I tell ya.....lol

Christine said...

Square. lol

Now if you want cookies that are better than these, make these:

3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
2 cups mini M&Ms (they gotta be minis)

375 for 10 ish minutes. Less if the cookies are small.
Take them out when they are just starting to get golden the teeniest tiniest bit.

They are not thick or cake like. Chewy and yummy! Just like Subway cookies.
So, if you like subway cookies, make those.

Way better than the oatmeal ones. Love the oatmeal ones too though!
I shouldn't put down my own blog post I guess. lol

Kelly Polizzi said...

hmmm we have those in england and i always thought they were english! the Smarties candy that is. These look yummy. I might give them a try soon.

shauna said...

So I obviously never made it over for a visit and cookies last week. I wanted to let you know that I tried a treat that I picked up at Overwaitea and it was very good! Not quite like I remember those Snack and a half things but still pretty good. They are made my Chapmans and have the oatmeal cookies and chocolate around ice cream. Top shelf I think in the frozen treats section...they're worth a try when it's too hot to make delicious smartie cookies!

Tracy said...

I so remember those!!! Loved them....I think I'm going to love these too!!! Good thing I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow!!